D4 Trendspotter: 5 Predictions For Marketing in 2017
The hustle and bustle of the holidays is upon us, as we prepare for the festivities we anxiously await the coming of a new year. 2017 is at our doorstep and we are just the company to help you ring in the new year on trend! We constantly have our finger on the marketing pulse and are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. In order to do this, we have to stay alert, anticipatory, and ready to spring into action at the coming trends. Here are our top 5 predictions for 2017:
- A Focus On Pull Marketing: Ever feel like brands are pushing their products on you? Advertisements, billboards, and more are being hurled at you on every medium and target a very broad audience. They don’t speak to you personally and you don’t want all the noise. Pull marketing is when brands show up where you want them to. If you want some great Chinese food tonight, search Google or Yelp and you want to be able to quickly see what the best Chinese food restaurants are in your area. We think 2017 will bring huge growth to pull marketing strategies, and we can help you navigate this landscape.
- A Shift in Social Media: Social media is where we go to connect with friends and family, share ideas and content, and in general we expect to see stories and posts we care about. Your friend in Nebraska had a baby? Yay! Your cousin in Canada got engaged? That’s amazing! 50% off my first order of yoga pants? Not what I want on my home feed… check out our blog about personifying your brand to make real connections on social media. We think this is going to be a huge trend in 2017.
- Organic Search Engine Optimization: We have seen the numbers folks, pay per click advertising will give you lots of traffic and exposure, but the quality of leads is grossly disappointing. We have seen bounce rates as high as 99% for paid search traffic, while organic search traffic is more like 40-50%. This means that it is possible to have just 1% of people who visit your website from a paid search ad are actually interested in your business, while 50-60% of people who visit your website from a organic search are interested in your business. That is a big difference that can’t be ignored in 2017.
- Content Marketing On Multiple Formats: Traditionally, content marketing is all about blogging, white papers, and other written formats. We believe this year will bring a multitude of formats, including graphics and video, to cut through the noise. You can create interesting content from drone photography & videography, memes, gifs, dramatic imagery and so many other mediums. Let’s work graphics and video into your strategy this year, and diversify your content.
- The Importance of Mobile Optimization: If your website is not mobile optimized in 2017, you are well behind your competitors. Don’t let your brand be outdated. According to Statista, 38.6% of all global web pages worldwide were served to mobile phones in 2016. In the US, the figures are more like 75% of internet users access the internet via mobile device. Don’t miss out on this large audience! Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices.
What do you think? Are you ready to be ahead of the curve? Let us know! Contact us for a free consultation and let us know how we can help you achieve your marketing goals in 2017 with our know-how and expertise.