10 Ways to Automate Your Website with API Integrations
Who’s smarter – you, or the computer you’re reading this on? The line is blurred but we now know that technology, when programmed to execute a specific task, can far exceed the capacity of a single person. The Internet and modern technology are the embodiment of efficiency and productivity which begs the question: Why are people needed in marketing? Can’t we just program a computer to develop a marketing strategy and execute it? Perhaps this is the way of the future, but for now, humans and computers working together reap better results than either of them working alone.
As an extension of technology and the internet, your website can be made to execute and simplify business practices. This execution can happen through the automation of your website using API Integrations. API Integration involves connecting multiple online applications to perform actions when a trigger event occurs.
- Single Action example: A person signs up to your website’s newsletter (trigger event) and their contact information is automatically added to your CRM (action)
- Multiple Action example: A person purchases your product on the website (trigger event) and their contact information is added to your CRM (action) and email newsletter (action) with a tag for which product they are most interested in (action). In addition, warehouse (action) and shipping (action) have the person’s order added to their pipeline and the product is deducted from inventory (action).
Here are 10 ways to make your website work harder for you:
- Getting potential clients to pick your company over all others is a process. It includes reaching out, providing competitive advantages and references, generating a quote, answering questions, showing knowledge, etc. Tracking your lead process from beginning to end usually involves a lot of communication which takes time away from actually pursuing the lead. Integrating your website’s forms with your CRM software would allow for all contact information and relevant data to be automatically migrated to a CRM opportunity. This means less time copy and pasting and more time winning.
- When your time is money, you must do everything in your power to not waste it. Time spent setting up appointments could be spent on providing revenue-creating services, especially with how great your website could be at playing assistant. Website forms can be integrated with business calendars and can provide fault-proof bookings that collect customer information and needs with a click of the “submit” button.
Social Sharing and Feeds
- Information is king in the computer age and social networking is its home. Making new unique content is harder and harder to do, so showing it off is a must. Integrating social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram allows you to push or pull content to/from your website automatically. Blog posts can post to your platforms as soon as they are published and users can see your tweets right from your website’s homepage. Create your content and leave the sharing to the automation.
- A project needs a team and managing a team can be a project. Creating a space for easy team communication and collaboration is a great function for a website. Allow members to sign-in and see where the project stands and what they can do to help it along. By integrating a team management software into your website, you can build a single platform for business/organization promotion and communication. Consolidate your communication platforms and boost team cohesion by making everything available on one platform.
- Finding the right person for the job is made harder when every person can apply. A recruiter should have a dashboard, showcasing each applicant and where they are in the hiring process. With an integration to any job posting applications being used, your website can be a hiring hub. Having one place and one space will help you hire the one.
- Connecting with potential customers in an engaging way can be daunting. Multiple touch points are needed to foster brand loyalty and drive users to purchase. Understanding the buyer behavior of your customer and developing an email marketing campaign that creates contact at each decision point is necessary for a successful campaign. Integration could allow for tags to be automatically connected to users as they engage with the site, which can be used to send customers the information they are interested in. Connect with your customer when they are interested, in a way that they appreciate.
- Fulfilling an order made online should be simple and intuitive. When an order is made, your site should add the new customer to the mailing list and CRM, while notifying inventory, warehouse, shipping, and the customer of the new purchase. Capitalizing on API integrations with your inventory/billing system, CRM, and email notifications, your products can be smoothly delivered to customers while you sip Mai Tais on the beach.
File Management and Storage
- File management can be a pain, with different formats and file sizes clogging up your communication flow. The fear of documents is a real thing, especially when you think about the amount of space files takes up on your site’s server. When a server crashes from overload due to the amount of files you have on your website, what will you do? With file storage application integration into your website, you won’t have to worry about bloating the site and increasing load time. All files will be immediately sent to the cloud and even website blackout will have you (mostly) worry free.
- When things don’t work or are just confusing, your customers expect you to be there to FIX IT. Having a prompt customer support team there to respond to any issue a user has it an advantage in a company, which will help keep customers long-term. Using integrations to create a public help desk with a web form or live chat can simplify and streamline your customer support process. Giving your customers peace of mind and keeping you sane.
- Global businesses have a problem communicating across languages. How can you communicate your product’s value when the customer speak a completely different language? Make your website universally understood with Google Translate API integrations. Break down language barriers and have your message conveyed in any language through the power of automation.
Let D4 help you make your website do more. Contact us and be automated.